Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letting Go.

Have you ever given your all and not left enough for yourself?
I recently found I had and now I am realizing I am at a point in my life where I need to walk away from a certain family member and so called friend.
My telling this member and friend I have given my all and don't feel I could help any more, ended up in my words being twisted by them like a mangled piece of scrap medal and left me feeling so drained of my spirit.
I turned to a friend who shared a book with me.
I have spent the last 3 days reading a book titled "The Language of Letting Go" by: Melody Beattie.
This book has helped me realize I can say no to family and friends with out feeling guilt!
I can walk away from those who manipulate even if they are in their eyes in need of my help.
In my eyes they are in need of learning to help themselves as I am in need of learning not to be their victim.
I've sat back and taken a good long look at my life and realized in reaching out to help certain people I have left no energy to help myself.
So today is a new day a new chapter in Sparrows life , today I have learned to let go and let the universe take the controls and hopefully steer me away from the negativity in my life and open me up to nothing but POSITIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment