Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Well here I sit watching the snow falling outside.
Question of the day on our local news was Heatwave or Snow Storm?
Sorry folks but I'll take the heatwave.
We are due for 12 inches of snow and I've already been cooped up since Sunday with one hell of a cold/flu.
My body feels like a train wreck but slowly starting to breathe through my nose again , Thank God.
Shirley May is not a happy camper because we've not gone for a long walk in days.
She goes out on her runner but sits at the door looking in as if to say , mom get you butt out here and walk me!
Guess sister Lisa is all settled in her new place but still managed to call me upset because of something that's gone wrong in her life , me I am just grateful to wake up each day but others seem to let every little thing get to them.
My modo , deep breath , hot bubble bath and or tension tamer tea.
Sister Diane's life partner Carly is having to start Chemo again next week , now there is one strong human being.
Carly amazes me with all she has been through these past years she is like the ever ready bunny.
Takes a Lickin' and keeps on Tickin'
I Love them both so much the strength both sister Diane and Carly have is a gift , I hope grows stronger in the months a head.
My thoughts and prayers are with them both.
Mother is doing well these days tho I must admit I've not seen her since Jan 2nd due to the fact I have been feeling so yucky and I don't want to bring it to her.
But we chat on the phone a few times a day and other than the usual complaints of her ever day life , she seems to be hanging in there.
Mike so far has not got my cold and I pray he does not , he has been working so hard as he always does but it seems lately every one is in need of his help and he can't say no.
So on top of his 40 plus hours a week,he has been working at the loggers as well, which paids for our fire wood to keep the house warm.
He looks so tired at night but still manages to take over feeding the wood stove so I can get dinner.
He is a good man and I thank God every day for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment